Tuesday, December 27, 2022

A Frozen, Snow Covered Lake

8:23

It's 8:00 and the boiler has been working overtime the last few days. I hate to see my gas bill for the month. It's getting warmer each day, 14º when I woke but should get up to the mid-20s in the afternoon. And believe it or not, by Friday the temperatures will get up to the 50s. 

Monday was a bit of a bore, especially in the morning when the temperatures were still in the single digits. I slept in some, until 7:30, relaxed, and had my coffee until Evie got up, then we finished the blog and I had breakfast. We knew we did not have to do much except hang out which was nice. Around 10:00, we saw a couple of people walk out on the frozen lake and thought they were being careless. An hour or two later, our neighbors, John and Maryanne walked out and shoveled the snow, making a circular skating course.

Skating Rink
 Later, we saw them enjoying the rink, skating in circles, despite the cold, a hearty couple. It looked like fun. I wanted to mail a couple of bills so I drove to the Stow Post Office which was closed for some reason but I was able to put the bills in the mailbox. 

Ice Fishing

Lunch was simple and light, cauliflower soup, with pita and hummus. I decided to watch the new season of Jack Ryan on Prime, It's decent, watchable, and a bit silly but I couldn't think of anything else to watch during lunch. We both than either read or watched TV and even Evie tried to nap. Around 3:30, I noticed for the first time that ice fishermen were out, in their huts, just off the shore of Long Point. They were not out far but there were three or four tents. Since they were able to brave the cold, I put on my boots, and a couple of layers of shirts and walked out in the woods for thirty-five minutes. It felt amazing to be out in the cold, the woods snow covered and I even walked home on the ice, keeping close to shore just in case.

The Woods

Walking On A Frozen Lake

I was back by 5:00, in time to enjoy a glass of wine and Dots Pretzels, compliments of our neighbors who were able to buy some at Giant Eagle in Erie yesterday. We can't get them here in Jamestown. We then had the leftover Christmas dinner, sweet potatoes, spinach, chicken, and tomato sauce, and watched the usual on TV, Colbert, Jeopardy, and some football. We were both tired or bored and went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...