Thursday, December 8, 2022

Chautauqua Gray

7:36

Morning darkness has given way to gray, both sky and lake at 7:20. It's not a very inspiring morning sky.  It's 38º, getting a little colder than yesterday. It's 9:26 and I have just returned from breakfast. Evie's up and we are finishing up the blog before I head off to yoga.

Wednesday was back to normal, at least for me. Unfortunately, I did not kayak because of the heavy fog. By 9:40, however, I was off to a small yoga class where I was introduced to the term pandiculation or yawning and stretching. So we spent much of class yawning and stretching. I liked it. Next week, however, Tara promised we would do Joints and Glands which I also like. So after class, I stopped for a coffee, talked briefly with Dave, the regular, then did a quick run through Wegman's to pick up a few essentials for the week. At noon, I had an appointment with an eye doctor because my left eye has been bothering me. I found out  I will need secondary cataract surgery to fix my cloudy lens. I guess it takes about five minutes and viola, I can see better again.

I returned home by 12:45 and had lunch, the leftover matzo ball soup and red beans and rice, which had been frozen. Both tasted good to me and I was happy to be back in my Finnish crime show, Darkwind. While I was gone, Evie had been busy getting things back to normal like doing the wash. I started a new book since my other book expired and I was only halfway through it. So I picked a book recommended by the NYTimes, Don't Know Tough, set in a small, football-crazy town in Arkansas. Of course, I fell asleep while reading and woke up happy to have gotten in a nap. It was a depressing day, gray and wet but I wanted to do something, so I spent a half hour picking up deadfall from our front yard, a result of the heavy winds the past week, and raking up some of the smaller stuff in our parking area. It felt good to be doing something physical and I even worked up a sweat because it was 46º out.

We decided to have Wienerschnitzel for dinner so Evie had pulled a pork tenderloin out of the freezer, let it thaw, then sliced and pounded it before breading it. She decided to experiment once again with our air fryer and first, baked red potatoes, then air fried the breaded Wienerschnitzel and both were great. With a salad, we had a tasty dinner. We watched Jeopardy and were sad to see Chris lose for the first time in weeks. We ended the night with a couple more episodes of The Crown. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...