Friday, December 9, 2022

Cloudy, Brief Sunshine, And Getting Colder

7:09

7:48

7:48

Lots of gray clouds this morning with a slash of pink off to the south, just above the lake reeds. It's 29º, a lot colder than Wednesday's 46º. It's 9:00 and I was out paddling for 50 minutes. It felt good to be back out on the lake despite the 29º weather and a southeasterly wind of ten. I scared off a raft of buffleheads and got within a couple of hundred yards of an eagle until he, too, flew off. Still, I was happy to be back out on the lake. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Yesterday was a busy morning for me. I was up early but didn't kayak because I had breakfast in Bemus at 8:00. I was home by 9:15, finished the blog with Evie's help, then drove off to Lakewood for Yin Yoga, another crowded class of primarily women. I left early to meet with my tax person because of some problems with my tax forms from last year, which was a real pain. It does not give me much confidence in the IRS. I then stopped at Auto Zone, picked up two quarts of oil for the future, then did a quick run through Aldi, picking up a few goodies for dinner the next few days like their coho salmon which we love. I then ended my busy morning with a prescription from Wegman's and some vermouth from Evans.

I didn't get home until 12:45 and had a lunch of heated-up leftovers, matzo ball soup, and red beans and rice with sausage. I watched another episode of Darkwind, then read some of my novel, about a violent redneck kid who excels at football in a small Arkansas town. I then tried to nap to no avail but felt like doing something. So I went outside and spent an hour cleaning up our yard, taking four barrels of deadfall up the hill. Finally, our front and back yards are clear of deadfall and I have to say, I am looking forward to taking down our willow tree. 

It felt good to relax with a glass of wine at 5:00 with Evie and listen to NPR since we are having trouble with Sonos. Dinner was Coho Salmon, rice, and a salad. We decided to watch a new film on Netflix, Emily The Criminal which received a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes. We liked it but did not love it. It's worth watching, especially Aubrey Plaza as Emily. We ended the night by finishing the last two episodes of The Queen and a few minutes of the NFL game, with Baker Mayfield once again quarterbacking a new team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...