Tuesday, December 20, 2022

In The Still Of The Morning

7:35

8:36

It's 7:20 and the sky just started to turn gray and the lake looks like a skating rink although I am not sure if it's frozen or not. It will have to get lighter for me to be sure. It's 8:40 and I was out for forty minutes, on a calm lake, not a ripple, as I chased off fifteen to twenty swans, then as I passed the reeds, hundreds of geese took off, heading south I assume. My arms got tired while kayaking this morning as I assume the lake water thickens as it gets colder, making it harder to paddle.

Kayak Morning

W
Canadian Geese

Northern Sky

Woodlawn

Yesterday was not much of a day, just cold with occasional flurries. I was lucky to get in a paddle early and then, relax with breakfast and the blog. Evie had a doctor's appointment in Jamestown at 10:15 so she was up early so we could be on our way by 9:45. After the appointment and some blood work, we stopped, where else, at Wegman's and did some shopping for the next couple of days. 

We were home by 12:30 and Evie made me a turkey sandwich to go with her soup. We watched the final January 6th hearing report and were happy to hear that they recommended our former president be indicted on numerous accounts. I can't think of anyone more unfit for office than him. I then took a good nap, the kind where you wake wondering if it's morning or afternoon. I am enjoying a new book, The Kingdoms Of Savannah by George Dawes Green. Mid-afternoon, a pair of swans spent an hour, dipping for weeds, basically in front of our house. 

Swans A Swimming

Cruising

The afternoon seemed to fly by and by 5:15, we were enjoying the rapidly approaching dusk with some appetizers and a drink, thinking of my parents who had a drink or two every afternoon after my father returned from work. We had no worries about dinner because of the leftover ribs and sauerkraut and mashed potatoes, just as tasty last night as Saturday. We watched the usual shows, Colbert and Jeopardy and Hometown, then some football before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...