Sunday, December 18, 2022

A Dash Of Snow

7:27

8:54

It's 7:30, foggy and overcast and, I fear, the lake, at least along the shoreline is frozen so I won't be able to kayak this morning. It's 24º and will stay in the 20s most of the day with little snow accumulation despite the winter storm warnings. Some areas north and east of us could get up to 18 inches of snow. And duck hunter's blasts made me look outside and viola, it's snowing enough so I can not see Long Point. Well, I walked out, checked to see if the lake was frozen and it wasn't so I got my gear on and went for a forty-minute paddle, in light snow, down to Sandy Bottom and back, spotting a singular loon.

Kayak Morning

Lake Life

Woodlawn

A Loon

Yesterday was a typical Saturday for us except that we had Linda and Ron for dinner. So prepping for that was also part of our day. I got in a good paddle before 9:00 and it felt good to be out on the lake with the duck hunters. After the blog and breakfast, Evie cleaned out the refrigerator and I  gathered the trash, and went off to the Transfer Station, my one must-do of the weekend. The rest of the morning I did some cleaning and vacuuming and Evie finished prepping our dinner, pork ribs, and sauerkraut, with mashed potatoes.

Blue Skies At Noon

Lunch was the same as Friday, a bagel with turkey, cheese and mayo, and minestrone soup. While I was enjoying my lunch and watching my show, Evie was finishing up our appetizer, leek, and artichoke soup, one of our new favorites. We then we able to enjoy the rest of the afternoon and I, of course, napped and read in between watching some football, the amazing comeback of the Vikings, and basketball. We were both showered and dressed up by 5:00 when Linda and Ron arrived, early because of the possibility of a snowstorm.

We enjoyed our appetizers, cheese and crackers, and spiced cashews as we watched the first hour of Howard Stern's interview with Bruce Springsteen. It's a fantastic interview and both Linda and Ron loved it since both are big Bruce fans and attended many of his concerts. We sat down to dinner around 6:30, starting with the artichoke soup, then ribs, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes, It's one of our favorite dinners. 

An Enthusiastic Coloring  Of A Christmas Table Cloth

Since Evie put on a new Christmas tablecloth, we ended dinner by coloring various Christmas figures. We then enjoyed a lemon mousse for dessert and watched the first half of the Bills game before Linda and Ron drove home, fortunately, on safe roads. Evie and I cleaned up the kitchen and watched some more of the Bills game before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...