Tuesday, December 13, 2022

A Wasted Day

7:20

8:39

It's 7:25 and I have been up for a half hour, to gray skies, a light wind, and a chilly 24º. It's tempting to stay in, nice and cozy in my living room but the lake calls. It's 8:45 and I just returned from a cold forty-minute paddle, my usual route, down to Wells Bay and back. 

Kayak Morning

Choppy

Sun Rising

Wow

Yesterday, especially the afternoon, was ridiculous. The morning, however, was decent. My early morning kayaking was short, about 25 minutes because of the heavy winds and waves. I then finished the blog and had breakfast before going out for a great walk in the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, the first time in a while that I did the entire loop, starting with Kinney's Run, crossing the creek to the woods and home. It felt good to be out there. And that was it for the morning.

Kinney's Run

Dead Fall

Dusting Of White

To The Lake

Lunch was cheese sandwiches and leftover man n cheese and I then read and tried to nap until 1:15 when I hopped in my car and drove to my cardiologist appointment at the Ashtabula Cleveland Clinic. My appointment was at 3:00 and I was worried I might have to wait but not for an hour and a half, as patient after patient was called as I sat waiting. To say I was pissed would be an understatement, especially since I spent all of ten minutes max talking to the doctor. My recent tests look fine so I was on my way for a 3:00 appointment at 5:00. Earlier in the morning, I had called Orton's Fruit stand in Northeast and ordered a cherry pie. Well, they were only open until 6:00, and because I stopped for gas in Ohio where it's $1.40 cheaper a gallon than in New York and Pennsylvania, I arrived at Orton's at 5:55, just in time to get my pie. 

I didn't get home until 6:30, driving through both sleet and rain around Erie, so the drive was not fun especially since I was afraid I might not get to Orton's in time for my pie. The gal, however, said she would stay open until I got there even if I was late. When I walked in, Evie had our dinner ready, the leftover curry on rice, Brussels sprouts, and a salad. We watched a Colbert, then a couple of more episodes of White Lotus, then a few minutes of football before bed. I am reading Blood Sugar by Sascha Rothchild, about a likable murderess so I was happy to get up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...