Thursday, December 29, 2022

Breakfast At The Lake Life Cafe

7:11

7:21

7:51

9:13

Well, I am enjoying a breakfast sandwich at the Lake Life Cafe by myself as none of my friends were free, some were busy, and some in Florida. I was up at 6:30 and did not feel like sitting around and waiting for Evie to get up so I thought, hey, go get a sandwich, coffee, and write the blog. So here I am, on what seems to be a beautiful morning, with a great sunrise, and warming temperatures, in the high 40s later in the day.

Lisa, Lake Life's Great Cook

Wednesday was another cold day although it got up into the 30s late morning. We had our usual morning routine, as nothing changes much this time of the year. Coffee, the blog, and breakfast and that's about it unless we want to get something done. Around 10:30, we decided to go for a walk on Webbs Trail in Mayville, stopping at Rite Aid before starting. Neither of us wanted to go too far, so we were out for 35 minutes, just right, on a crunchy, much-used trail. It was invigorating, however, to be outside, on a trail bordered by trees. It was good enough that I should have cross-country skied rather than walked.

Hiking Under Blue Skies

Webb's Trail

We were home by 12:30 and for lunch, Evie heated up both the chicken and sweet potatoes and the pasta with shrimp, neither large enough for a lunch. I thought my Jack Ryan series ended after the sixth episode but the Russians do not give up easily so I have a few more episodes. Since we got in our walk, neither of us felt compelled to do much the rest of the afternoon other than keep track of the ice tents on the lake. I did notice that two guys dragged their sleds out around 1:00, checked the ice, then went back in so the ice may be precarious in some areas, especially this morning as it's getting warmer. When I left for breakfast, however, a number of ice fishermen were already out before 7:30.  Now, just after 9:00, they seem to have left. 

Checking The Ice

Our original plan for dinner was to drive to Steeners for wings night but around 4:00, Evie texted and wondered if we could just stay home which was fine with me. So we relaxed with a glass of wine and watched an amazing sky darken. It must have been amazing everywhere because our Facebook is filled with photos from yesterday's sunset. We decided to be original for dinner and had baked potatoes, topped with fried eggs and sour cream, healthy, easy, and delicious. We watched Jeopardy and some HGTV shows before bed. I finished my book, the third in The Thursday Murder Club series set in a retirement home. It's an often silly but fun read, with a cast of unlikely characters, all retired and in their 70s. It will make for a good film. I am ready to start Barbara Kingsolver's new novel, Demon Copperfield, a modern retelling of David Copperfield, and I hope I stick with its 700 pages. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...