Saturday, December 17, 2022

26º And Another Dusting Of Snow

7:31

9:01

It's 7:26, just beginning to get light, and I have been up for close to an hour. I already have heard duck hunters as well as the squawking of geese. I looked outside and about twenty feet from shore, a line of at least a hundred Canadian geese are floating by. They are the first geese I have seen in a couple of weeks. It's now 9:10 and I had an amazing hour kayaking, in light snowfall and I paddled near two different duck hunters, one in a traditional boat, the other in a bizarre, comfortable, floating island. 

Kayak Morning

Floating Duck Hunter Raft

Floating And Comfy

Placing decoys

Yesterday was another different December Friday. I was able to get in a good, long paddle, down to Whitney Bay, and back on a calm lake. It was in the 30s and overcast so not the most attractive of days. After breakfast and the blog, I did not feel like hiking and there are no yoga classes on Friday so I decided a bike ride sounded good. I put the bike rack on my car, then the bike, gathered my helmet and earpods and drove off to Mayville, and rode for close to an hour around the southern end of the lake. It was cold but not unbearable, especially on my feet, hands, and face. Other than that, I was fine. 

Looking South

Ice At Northern Bay

Rails to Trails

When I returned home Evie had been busy in the kitchen, making another great pot of soup and prepping our dinner for tonight. Lunch was easy, a bagel with turkey and mayo and minestrone soup. I watched my show Darkwind, then read and napped. By 3:00, I had finished my book, Blood Sugar, about a likable murderess. I was then bored and so was Evie so we decided on an afternoon movie, Prisoners, about the kidnapping of two young girls. It was decent, a good way to spend the time until dinner. 

Before dinner, however, we carved out some time to listen to the news and enjoy a glass of wine as the short day waned. For dinner, Evie had pulled chili out of the freezer so we had that noodles, cheese and sour cream, our version of Cincinnati chili. And like a couple of Joey Bimbo's, we stared at the boob tube for another couple of hours, watching CAKE, a touching film about a woman whose marriage, health, and life falls apart as the result of the death of her young son in a car accident.  We ended the night as usual, with a Colbert and Jeopardy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...