Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Cooling Off Some

5:42

6:28

It's an early morning for both of us as I was up at 5:30 and Evie at 6:00.  The heat has mellowed so it's a pleasant 68º at the moment.  We received light rain last night, lots of rolling thunder to go with it.  I kayaked for about forty minutes, returning just in time as the weed cutters arrived and gave our swimming area a good mowing. 

Weed Cutters

Kayak Morning

Preening


Yesterday was another scorcher, so humid and hot that neither of us wanted to do anything much so we didn't.  I paddled of course because it was still cool enough out early morning to enjoy being on the water. Our plumbers arrived once again before I returned from kayaking and stayed until early afternoon, finishing up the installation of our new heating system.  I left for yoga at 9:00 and had a good class with Julie although it was warm and we all worked up a sweat.  I stopped for a coffee at Ryder's Cup, then did a quick run through at Walmart, picking out a pair of sunglasses, nonprescription and that was it. When I got home, the plumbers were still working and Evie was up in the bedroom with the air conditioner on, keeping cool.

For lunch, I had the leftover Reuben and watched some basketball.  For some reason, I could not nap so I read some, waiting for the plumbers to finish.  Once they left, we had some clean up to do and then I decided that it would be much cooler cutting weeds in the lake so I got out the rakes and buckets and waded out to the end of the dock and started cutting for a good hour.  And I was right; it was the only cool place in the neighborhood.  Evie had a zoom call at 5:00 with her sister Claire and I wasted time watching a rerun of an old TV show, The Rockford Files with James Garner, a series I used to like.  

Dinner was easy and a good choice because of the heat, just heat up the leftover chicken and rice and make a salad. It tasted good and we must have been hungry.  We watched a Colbert, Jeopardy, and started a new comedy series on Apple TV called Ted Lasso. It's predictable and silly with a few laughs.  We may stick with it.  Around 10:00, it started to rain so I sat out on the front porch, listening to the rolling thunder and falling rain. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...