Thursday, July 1, 2021

Sitting On 'the Porch, Listening To It Rain

5:35

7:18

7:35

It's 6:00, just started to rain and I have been awake since 5:30, enjoying the quiet of the morning.  Gray skies, no wind, and not a boat in sight as July begins, summer is well underway. It's now 6;45 and I was about to kayak but it then looked like rain so I sit here, waiting for the rain that never seems to come, especially if forecast to by a weather app.  Well, now it's pouring so maybe it's a good thing I did not get in the water. And now, at 9:00, it's finally stopped and we received close to two and a half inches in an hour. 

Wednesday was another busy day as Evie had a list of things that needed to be done as we get ready for our kid's arrival next week. So after a long paddle and breakfast, we got busy or so it seemed.  First, we worked outside on our pine trees which tend to droop, making it difficult to park our car. So I tied the branches to the trunk, raising them a couple of feet and out of the way.  I think we did at least five or six hanging branches and it is not only easier to park but it looks better. We then went in and worked on the last two bedrooms that needed to get ready, putting in air conditioners, moving furniture, vacuuming, moving clothes, things like that which will make it easier for our kids.  This took a good part of the morning which may be hard to believe but Evie was happy to get these things done.  Cross a couple of ore things off of her list.  

Evie rewarded my hard work with a couple of BLT's (what a gal) before she hit the trail for Mike's Nursery and TJ Maxx while I ate, watched TV, and napped.  She was going to meet me at my mechanic's as I have an appointment today for my annual inspection but we got our signals crossed and she had to wait 20 minutes because I did not get her text.  Anyways, I dropped the car off and she drove me home. She had good luck at Mike, getting a flat of wave petunias for a flower box because the geraniums were not doing well.  I filled the wheelbarrow with compost, got a window box out of the garage attic and she filled the box with petunias and I hung it and we were basically done for the day.  We ended the afternoon with drinks on the dock as it was cool enough to sit outside and enjoy the late afternoon.  

Late Afternoon

For dinner, Evie pulled some hash browns out of the freezer, heated them up, and fried up a couple of burgers for our dinner, something we both were hungry for. With pickles, onions, and Trader Joe's Magnifisauce, we were happy, watching Colbert interview 90-year-old Robert Duvall who is still acting. We ended the night with Jeopardy and a couple more episodes of Ted Lasso which we are starting to like more and more.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...