Saturday, June 26, 2021

Summer's Here

6:34

9:31

It was already in the '70s by 6:30 when I got up and will get in the '80s later in the day. It's 9:00 as I start this after a 70-minute paddle over the end of Lakeside Drive and back.  I did photograph a couple of herons, one along the shoreline, the other sitting in a tree.

Kayak Morning




I am having a hard time remembering what we did yesterday as the days tend to blend into one another, either doing stuff in the yard or house.  Now I remember. Evie set up the hose and watered everything most of the morning, front and back yards, waiting for the guys to install our new dishwasher.  Yep, I am obsolete.  They got here about 11:00, started to take the old one out, went under the house and said something like new dishwasher's cannot connect to copper pipes which seemed strange.  Basically, what he meant is the cord between the valve which he brought was too short.  So they could not install it, left and we found out this morning that they ordered a longer cord and will install it on Thursday so I get to wash dishes for a few more days.  That was our excitement and Evie's disappointment for the morning. 

Lunch was a couple of ears of sweet corn and the rest of a sub sandwich. I watched, what else, some basketball ball, the last five to ten minutes of the game.  I read although I am getting bored with my book, napped, then went out and did some trimming of the bushes and took a couple more barrels of grass, weeds, and deadfall up the hill.  Meanwhile, Evie was able to enjoy read on the dock despite the wind and even went for a cooling swim before coming in a showering because we were going out to dinner with neighbors. 

We left about 5:10 with our next-door neighbors, Bill and Joyce, and drove to the Stockton Hotel restaurant, about a twenty-five-minute drive.  We met Pat and David, neighbors four houses down at the restaurant.  We were fortunate to have a good and attentive waitress and we had our drinks and order in within ten minutes.  Everyone had the fish fry but me. I am tired of grease so I ordered lasagna and had enough to take home for today's lunch.  Everyone enjoyed their meal, the busyness of the place, so it was a good choice.  We took the long way home, through Mayville, and arrived around 8:30, in time to watch another episode of The Mosquito Coast and some basketball.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...