Tuesday, June 29, 2021

A Bald Eagle Morning

Headshot Of A Juvenile Bald Eagle

5:58

Well, maybe not quite the tropics but yesterday was miserable, high 80's and lots of humidity. Today should be the same, humid and hot.  Give me fall and winter! This morning is sunny, clear skies, a hazy lake vista. It's 8:00 and the plumbers were here when I finished my paddle. I was out for forty-five minutes over to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom and home and I captured a couple amazing shots of a juvenile eagle, perched in the trees of Long Point.

Kayak Morning


Hanging Out On A Woodlawn Dock

Monday was a different day although it started typically, with coffee and kayaking, but that was its end.  When I finished, the house was already a mess as the plumbers had arrived, pulled out our washer and dryer and were beginning the process of putting in a new boiler, our heating system.  I had smartly planned to get out of here, living Evie home to deal with the mess.  Nice guy, right? Anyways, by 8:30 I was off to Cleveland and arrived at Trader Joe's by 10:30. Evie had made me an extensive shopping list and I had to go through the check out twice, once with three cases of wine, the other time with groceries.  By 11:15 I was on my way to Euclid, stopped at Azman's, a Slovenia grocery store that Evie's family has been frequenting since the 1940's. I picked up five pounds of Slovenian sausages, the best in Cleveland, and talked briefly with Bill about Evie's Dad, Eddie, a real character.  By noon, I was sitting out on my sister's deck, overlooking a surprisingly calm and smooth Lake Erie.  We had decided this was the first time we had seen each other in 17 months. It was great to see both Linda and Rich, catch up on all the changes in their family.  We had tuna and macaroni salad for lunch and it reminded both of us our Mom who always used to make this. 

Early Evening At The Viking Club

I was headed home by 1:30 and stopped at a disgusting hot Love's for gas and walked in the house about 4:00, whooped from my drive.  The plumbers were gone, the house was a mess, and Evie was miserable in the heat. I was able to take a brief nap before getting ready to meet our neighbors at the Viking Club for dinner.  We sat inside the barroom which was surprisingly pleasant because they don't have air conditioning. We ordered the specials, a Cuban and a Rueben, along with a couple of beers and had a good time talking about our neighbors and neighborhood,  

Ruebens And Cubans At The Viking Club

Jackie, our neighbor who sponsored our membership  in the Viking Club has been coming to Woodlawn for years so she's a virtual encyclopedia of the lake's history.  We were home just as the sky was starting to darken and boats were beginning to turn on their lights, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...