Saturday, June 12, 2021

We Did It

6:41

It's 8:40, later than usual and I just got back from a forty-five-minute paddle under a mostly overcast sky.  A few fishing boats were out but the lake was basically quiet. I slept in until 6:45 which is late for me.  It looks like a decent day, undercast but no rain forecast.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Yesterday was a busy Friday for both of us.  As I look back, I am not sure what we did but we, or I should say Evie, was busy most of the day.  After breakfast and the blog, Evie wanted to shape our rhododendrons in the front yard which are starting to block our view.  I got out my new cordless hedge trimmer which made the job much easier.  I also trimmed our privets, raked up the branches, filled up two pails, and took them up the hill.  Evie then spent time weeding and I got out the edger and trimmed around the lake wall, the garden, and parking area.  

Evie's One Peony

By the time we were done with our work, it was lunchtime and I warmed up the leftover eggplant pasta and the leftover Five Cheese pasta.  I watched some basketball, read some, napped then got ready to go to my eye appointment at 2:45.  Meanwhile, Evie was taking her time cutting the lawn, mowing for 15 minutes, then relaxing in a lawn chair.  Before the eye appointment, I got my car washed, filthy from sitting under our willow tree.  My appointment went well; all is good with my cataract surgery and now I just have to be patient as the eye heals, my vision improves. After the appointment, I stopped at Aldi's and picked up a few things in case we wanted to have dinner at home.  

Fish Fry At The Rod And Gun

Evie was enjoying the breezy afternoon on the dock so I joined her until 5:30 when we decided to 'go for it' and go out to dinner at the Rod And Gun, our first time at a local restaurant in two months  It was probably a mistake to go to the Rod and Gun because every member had the same idea.  We did find a seat at the bar but had at least an hour wait for a table.  Both the inside and outside were crowded with members, enjoying the freedom of maskless dining. Most likely, only half of them were vaccinated, the average for Chautauqua County.  We almost left but Evie was craving their fish fry so we stayed it was worth it, the fish filet hanging over the plate. With a baked potato and two coleslaw, Evie was happy. We got home around 9:15, in time to watch an episode of The Handmaids Tale.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...