Sunday, June 6, 2021

Blue Morning

6:40

It's 8:45 and I was out kayaking for an hour on a beautiful morning of blue skies and lake. I got out later than usual so there were lots of guys out fishing, scaring away any of the birds I hoped to photograph.  Tomorrow will be fine when they are all gone.  

Kayak Morning

Paddling By Long Point

Yesterday was a good day, lots of things done and lots of relaxing and sunning out on the dock. I was up early and got in a good paddle over to Lakeside Drive and back. Evie was up with a list of things to get done so after breakfast and the blog, I washed the front windows, dirty from the rain and pollen.  It took three washings to get them clean, my typical spring, summer, and fall chore.  I then tied another buoy to a brick and put it out in the lake to discourage fishing boats from cutting in front of our dock.  It works except for a few idiots who refuse to go around and get their lures stuck in the ropes.  After both of these were done, it was time to head off to the Transfer Station and get rid of our trash.  

It was time for a boat ride when I was done, so we took off and cruised the increasingly busy and choppy lake, over to Bemus and home.  It was a perfect day for boating, sunny and warm, so everyone was out enjoying maybe the first good boating day of June.  When we got back, I got out our beach umbrella and set it up on the dock so Evie could enjoy the sun and shade in the afternoon.  I had rest of my hoagie from Wegman's for lunch and took a brief nap and I am almost finished with my book, Purgatory Ridge.  Evie spent the afternoon on the dock and I joined her around 3:00 after doing some weed whacking around our trees, another task done.  The temperatures were in the mid 80's when I went out on the dock so we both enjoyed the shade of the umbrella. 

We had planned on going out for dinner but it was such a fine day that we decided on staying home and I drove over to Bemuus to get a pizza.  Bemus Point was as busy as I have ever seen it, like the fourth of July, as everyone seemed to be out after the Covid quarantine. Traffic was so bad I had to turn around and go home another way.  We enjoyed a libation on the dock as the lake began to settle, the heat dissipate and boats head home. We ended up on our porch listening to tunes and enjoyed guacamole and chips.  Around 7:00, Evie made a salad, heated up the pizza we had dinner.  We watched Real Time With Bill Maher, back on after his testing positive for Covid.  We ended the night with a violent and surprising end to episode five of Mare Of Eastown.  Two episodes to go. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...