Saturday, June 5, 2021

A Bright Shining Lake Morning

6:06

6:20

8:29

Well, it feels like summer, the sun reflecting on a blue lake, clear skies, 71º and will get near 80º later today. I was out on the lake by 7:15, kayaked over to the eastern part of the lake, Lakeside Drive, then home in a surprisingly brisk wind.  

Kayak Morning

Breakfasting

Friday, Friday, Friday, as Madison from Alt Radio always says, used to be a big deal until we retired and every day seems like Friday.  I had another eye appointment at 10:40, to check up on my cataract surgery and prepare me for the other eye on Thursday.  All seems well although I had to wait for an hour to see the doctor. And so it goes.  I stopped at Wegman's on the way home since I was in Lakewood and it was a busy area, lots of traffic as everyone seemed out shopping.  

When I returned home, Evie was out on the dock in her chaise lounge for the first time this s year. I bought a hoagie at Wegman's for lunch, so I was happy, watching some TV before our Internet cut out and we did not get it back until evening.  It made for a boring afternoon and early evening and made us realize how much we depend on cable, for news, internet and entertainment and how boring it is without it.  

The Woods

As a result, we did not do much other than enjoy the day outside and around 4:30 I went for a walk in the Victoria/Woodlawn woods, dressed to avoid ticks.  I joined Evie on the dock and she went swimming for the first time.  Usually, we are both in the water in May but not this year for some reason, probably our spending a week at the ocean.  The water was cold but refreshing and Evie loved it.  I wanted to go in but my doctor is not keen on my swimming since I had eye surgery.

Esther Williams 2021

Around 6:30, we enjoyed a libation or two along with guacamole, chips, and popcorn, living it up because it was such a beautiful night, the western sky filled with light.  We had an easy but tasty dinner, my favorite sandwich, BLTs.  Around 9:00, just as we were about ready to head up to bed to read, our cable returned so we watched another episode of Mare Of Eastown before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...