Monday, June 14, 2021

Deliciously Cool

5:58

Our Neighborhood

It's 9:00 and when I woke up at 5:50 and came downstairs for coffee, I needed a fleece. I left to kayak just after 7:00 and was out for close to an hour and a half, down to Tom's Point and back When I returned, a tree guy was in our neighbor's yard so I had him come over and give us a quote for trimming our maples in the front yard.  It ain't cheap because they have to bring in a machine, but we told him to go ahead and schedule us.

Kayak Morning

Mallards Ruffled Feathers

Bald Eagle's Big Beak

Great Blue Heron

Yesterday was another busy and fine day on the lake, lots of sun and windy in the afternoon, like Saturday when the wind ruined our umbrella on the dock.  Evie, of course, had plans for the day which started with my washing more windows, this time those off our dining room, not a big deal,.  We then emptied the back porch and Evie then vacuumed and washed it down.  While she was busy on the porch, I began cutting weeds in our swimming area, a task that seems to never end.  I was out for about an hour and made some headway and will probably be out there most days until our kids arrive after the 4th of July.  So I never lack for something to do! 

By the time I was done and the porch was drying it was time for lunch so Evie made me a couple of avocado and egg toasts, the best. I then relaxed, watched some basketball. Evie relaxed as well and tried the dock but it was too windy so she ended up in the side yard, reading, protected from the sun,  It was nice to have our chores done so we could enjoy the afternoon.

Dinner With Our Covid Buddies

We left for dinner at our friends Linda and Ron's at 6:00 and it was pleasant sitting on their front porch, with its view of the lake, drinking whisky sours and enjoying appetizers, the good life.  Both of us are so fortunate to live on the lake.  Dinner was pork medallions and grains along with a salad with blue cheese.  It was a good night to enjoy friends and good food.  We ended the evening with a tasty and interesting dessert which Linda made called Spuma, raspberries and a meringue.   We were home just before 10:00 and soon up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...