Wednesday, June 16, 2021

What A Morning...Sunny And 48º

6:14

It's 8:15 and I just returned from a short paddle because of the wind, making it tough to get back home after paddling to Sandy Bottom.  Few boats out this morning as well although there are blue skies and bright sun.  Evie's up as well and is already outside, working in her garden and watering. 

Kayaking Into The Sun

Yesterday was another good day, with lots of sun and mild temperatures, perfect for working either in or outside. My day started with kayaking, then I drove off to Yoga at 9:30, a class of ten.  Julie is a good teacher so I always leave her class feeling more alive.  I stopped for coffee, ran into Joe, a breakfast buddy, and we chatted for a bit.  Things are opening up all over New York State, no more restrictions although some still wear masks, sensibly I think in stores and anywhere there's a crowd, especially inside. 

When I got home, I wanted to work on the lake weeds and Evie joined me so we got a lot done, clearing our lake area of the most obnoxious weeds although we know they will be back. Around 12:30, Evie made me a couple of avocado toast with eggs, the best, and I watched some basketball.  She left for the store, with stops at TJ's and Wegman's so she was gone a good part of the afternoon.  I relaxed some, read and napped but woke ready to cut more weeds. Once they were dry, I took them up the hill to the woodpile with other garden weeds and twigs. 

Beers With Jim

When I was done, Evie was returning home and she asked our neighbor, Jim, over for a beer.  We sat on our front porch enjoying a couple of beers, catching up on all the news, and talking some politics, of course, because we have similar views.  He left around 7:00 and Evie got busy in the kitchen, putting together a 1950's dinner, hamburgers stroganoff, with mushrooms, over noodles.  Always tasty, we enjoyed it with a salad and watch Colbert, The Handmaid's Tale, and a Jeopardy to end the evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...