Thursday, June 3, 2021

Overcast And Light Rain

5:59

It's 7:30 and I just returned from a half-hour paddle, avoiding the predicted light rain. Not much to see this morning other than a gray sky and lake, no waterfowl to speak of, alas.

Kayak Morning

Victoria/Woodlawn

Wednesday was a traumatic morning, a result of a leak from our ice maker.  Cleaning up the water, fixing the rubber hose, and going beneath the house in the crawl space to turn the water on and off as well as sop some of it up describes much of our early morning.  We also had multiple fans going, hoping to dry both carpet and the wood flooring in our kitchen,  So far, it looks like we avoided any major damage, inshallah.  I had to be on the road to Niobe for an oil change by 9:30, so most of the above was done by the time I left.  I went for my usual walk on Church Street while my car was being worked on and was pleased to see a small nursery had sprung up, with lots of herbs and vegetables.  I picked out some herbs and cosmos and brought them back to Finn's where my car was ready.  It was a nice stop and I was happy to support the new greenhouse, open for the first time this Spring. 

Church Street, Niobe

New Greenhouse


By noon, we were ready to put the refrigerator back in place, turn on the water, and resume our daily routine.  For me it was lunch, the last of the soup and an avocado, tomato, and hot sauce toast. I watched some NBA action, read, and napped briefly before joining Evie outside in our neverending work in the garden and greenery around our house.  I turned over our compost, sifted it, and then Evie would spread it around her garden, as well as transplant a few more things as well as the cosmos.  I also did more edging around the front of our house, turned the compost over two or three times and by 5:00, we both had had it with working in the yard.  

We did not feel much like prepping dinner so we had a sundowner, listened to the news and by 6:30 were ready to put together a stir fry.  Evie prepped most of the veggies, the garlic and ginger, and I put them all together with chicken, hot bean sauce, soy, and sesame oil. On rice, it was delicious and we were both hungry for an Asian dinner.  We watched an old Colbert, Hometown, then another episode of Mare of Eastown before bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...