Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Waking To Water

7:01

Well, as I came downstairs to get my coffee, I noticed my feet were getting wet.  When I looked closely, the kitchen floor was covered with water, a result I assume, of a leak in the hose for our ice maker.  I turned off the house water and spent a good half hour mopping up the water before waking Evie to this catastrophe.  Once we got the floor dry, the fan on, we with relaxed with our first cup of coffee, figuring we have to wake up before tackling what to do about the leak.  We forgot about the minor flood for an hour so I went out and kayaked on a beautiful, calm lake, the only boat on the lake.  

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a busy day as both of us felt like getting things done.  I had a good hour paddle before writing the blog and breakfast. I then did up the dishes from last night's dinner and Evie then gave the kitchen a good cleaning.  We were outside by 10:0 and I finished up the edging and weeding of our brick walk and did some watering of our new junipers.  While I was busy, Evie was weeding and transplanting, enjoying the process.  We were both busy until lunch. 

Keeping Evie's Garden Happy

After a lunch of soup and an eggplant sandwich, I actually took a good nap, probably because I was up at 5:20 again.  I read some ane Evie relaxed in the side yard enjoying the sun early afternoon.  We then powered up both mowers and I cut one yard, Evie the other so that our front yards look amazing. All was done, everything put away so that at 5:00, Evie could sit outside and have a zoom call with her sisters until 6:00.

Dinner was leftovers, lamb burgers with a tzatziki sauce, coleslaw, and potatoes.  We watched the finals of Jeopardy and took a respite from The Handmaiden's Tale and watched two episodes of HBO's Mare of Easttown with Kate Winslett.  So far so good if you can ignore the cliches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...