Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Dark Skies

6:30

8:30

Evie's Garden 

It's 8:15 and I just returned from a forty-minute paddle on a dark, 58º morning.  I kayaked down to Wells Bay and back, saw a pair of eagles but just as I pulled my camera out, they disappeared so I have nothing to show for my morning on the lake.

Kayak Morning

Yesterday remained cool as predicted and it was a good day as we once again got some things done.  After our morning coffee and blog, I took off for Walmart to pick up a few things we needed and was surprised that some of the customers were still wearing masks.  As always, it was a busy place and the one thing I wanted, another sprinkling can was out of stock, in fact, there's a shortage in the area.  Go figure. When I walked outside, it was pouring and I was soaked by the time I got to my car.  I stopped at Ryders for a coffee but there was a line so I bagged it just went home, stopping for gas for the lawnmower so Evie's taken care of for the next four or five mowings.

For lunch, Evie made me a couple of pork sandwiches, leftovers from our dinner Sunday night and I was happy.  I briefly napped, joined Evie outside in the side yard to enjoy the sun away from the wind but soon got bored and decided to go for a bike ride.  

Biking Long Point Trail

View From Long Point

I hooked my rack on to the Outback, mounted my bike, and was off to Bemus for an hour ride, along Lakeside Drive, through Long Point State Park, and back to my car, my usual ride and my favorite.  It was great to be out on my bike again, especially on a coolish day like Monday.  When I drove in, Evie was still in the yard, reading her book, out of the wind.  I decided to get some weeds cut from the lake so I spent maybe a half-hour cutting them and putting them on the dock to dry,

Dinner On Atheneums' Porch With Tina And Jim

We both showered around 6:00 because our friends, Tina and Jim, were picked us up at 6:40 and we were dining at the Heirloom Restaurant, on the porch of the Chautauqua Institution's Athenenusm Hotel with a great view of the lake. It was a good choice, a beautiful night, and the porch was not overly busy.  We had calamari and a flatbread pizza for appetizers, and all four of us ordered the crispy pickle brined chicken sandwich.  Everything was good, the food, the service, the view, and we sat there until it began to get dark when we headed home. It was a fun night. We were home by 9:30 in time to watch a Jeopardy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...