Friday, June 18, 2021

Partly Cloudy, Warming With A Chance Of Rain

 Bill And Joyce, Back For Their 47th Summer

It's 8:20 and I just returned from a half-hour on the lake, starting out in the bright sun, ending with dark, threatening clouds.  Evie actually was up before me this morning, at 6:00, so she is ready for bear, has her recipes out and a bucket and sponge for god knows what.  I fear it's for me. 

Kayak Morning

Southern Sky

Morning Great Blue Heron

Thursday was another fall-like day, breezy with temperatures in the 70's, perfect for a bike ride, working outside and lounging out on the dock and we did all three. We were having six of our neighbors over for dinner so Evie was busy in the kitchen much of the morning, making our dinner, Santa Fe chicken, and dessert. I helped with the dishes and got the table and porches ready but by 10:30, I was off with my bike, parked at the Lighthouse and rode for close to an hour down to the end of Sea Lion Drive and back.  It was sunny but cool under the canopy of trees along Sea Lion and the Rails To Trails path.  I stopped at  Tops on the way home, picked a couple of things, then at the Lighthouse for a sub for lunch,

Rails To Trails

Paved Rails To Trails

Evie was practically done with the dinner prep when  I returned home and was ready to head out to enjoy the dock for the afternoon,  I watched the end of an NBA game with my sub sandwich, then read and napped. Afterward, I thought about joining Evie on the dock but it was too nice on our front porch, protected from the sun and cool. We showered around 5:00 and were ready when everyone arrived at 6:00.

Looking For A Late Lunch

In Our Front Yard

We sat out on our front porch with libations and appetizers for a good hour, catching up on Bill and Joyce's past year since we had not seen them since last October.  Both are doing well and happy to be back at their lake house.  Our neighbors, Pat and David joined also along with sons, David and Medio. Evie served up the Santa Fe chicken, with couscous, sweet potatoes, and hominy and everyone seemed to like it. For dessert with had pound cake topped with raspberry spuma. They stayed till 9:30 and Evie and I had enough mojo left to clean up the kitchen, the end of a good day.

The Gang



2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog. Saw you pop into Evergreen Outfitters and wanted to say hello but my husband and I were busy with an informational salesman. We have a place in Bemus and live in Geauga County, Ohio and hope to someday enjoy more days at the lake like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you didn't say hello. It would have been fun to meet you both. We, too, are originally from Ohio. We grew up in Euclid and lived in Hudson for thirty five years before retiring to the lake in 2010. Next time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...