Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Morning Calm

6:11

8:18

It's 8:25 and I have been out for an hour, over to Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom, and home on a placid lake, no wind to speak of, with an overcast, light gray sky.  I did catch a couple of herons, one along Long Point, the other on a Woodlawn dock.

Kayak Morning




Yesterday was a good day, as I was back to my old routine.  It started with an early paddle, breakfast, the blog, then a half-hour of helping Evie with the attic before heading off to Lakewood to yoga, for the first time in weeks. As usual, it was eight gals and me, all of whom were semi-regulars like me.  It was good to see a couple who like me, have just returned after a year of Covid quarantine.  The class was good and I felt much better after it.  I then stopped for a coffee, then drove off to Niobe to have the lug nuts on my tires tightened, something according to my mechanic, should always be done after a rotation and driving 50 to 100 miles.  Since I was in the area, I stopped at  Grant Lumber in Sugar Grove for an estimate on a carport.  I doubt if we will go with it but I want to know how much it might cost so I can forget it. 


When I returned, Evie was relaxing on the porch after having a busy morning and she made me two salami, tomato lettuce. and cheese sandwiches for lunch.  I watched some basketball and my series before falling asleep reading my newest book, Squeeze by Karl Hiaasen. At 3:00. Evie gave me a quick haircut and I showered before taking off for Lakewood for beers with the guys.  We also made a brief video honoring our good friend Charlie who passed away last August.  We stayed until 5:30 and when I came home, Evie was just finishing up with her Zoom call with her sisters.

Late Tuesday Afternoon Sky

Dinner was the leftover Moroccan chicken dinner from Sunday night, still tasty on couscous.  We watched Colbert interview Chris Matthews, one of our favorite pundits over the years.  He first became known to us on The McLaughlin Report back in the 1980s. We then watched two more episodes of The Handmaids Tale and something violent finally happened to the commanders, deservedly so.  We almost cheered. We ended the night with another episode of Hacks, starring Jeanne Smart.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...