Friday, June 11, 2021

Sunny and Warm...Boring

5:57

6:48

Well, it's almost 7:00 and I have been up since 6:00, trying to read on my computer with sunglasses.  My eyes, a result of cataract surgery yesterday, are sensitive to light thus the sunglasses. It's another fine morning, brilliant sunrise, clear sky, a calm lake. It's 8:30, Evie's up and I paddled for an hour, over to Sandy Bottom, across to Long Point and back to Woodlawn, as the wind picked up as I headed home. 

Kayak Morning

Hanging In Campground Tree

Yesterday was not much fun although the cataract surgery went much better than last time.  After a cup of black coffee and a shower, we arrived at the surgery center in Warren, Pa at 9:30. Within a half-hour, I was being prepped for surgery.  I was out of surgery and ready to head home by 11:15. The nurse called Evie to come and get me but she was just leaving Walmart.  Ten minutes later, she picked me up and we were home around noon, quite a difference from my first surgery. 

Since I had not eaten since dinner the previous night, Evie made me an omelet and toast and I relaxed watching some TV. For some reason, my eye was much more uncomfortable than my last surgery and extremely sensitive to light.  It was hard to read or watch TV so I napped, sat around the house, feeling sorry for myself.  Poor me.  Fortunately, as the day progressed, my eye became less sensitive and by dinnertime I was able to watch TV and enjoy our dinner.  

Evie spent most of the day taking care of me, driving to Warren, making lunch, making sure I had what I needed. She did get out on the dock part of the afternoon, enjoying the perfect dock afternoon, sunny with a nice breeze.  Around 6:00, she fried up some eggplant, added tomatoes, and red pepper, boiled noodles and we had a great eggplant pasta dinner with a salad.  Our TV routine has not changed much recently, Colbert, Jeopardy, two episodes of Season Four of The Handmaid's Tale, and an episode of Hacks, then bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...