Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Chilly In The Morning

6:13

7:52

It's just after 8:00, 52º, and I paddled on a choppy lake for a half-hour, happy to be home warm in my living room.  The sky was dark and overcast early, threatening but now, it looks as though the sun may peek out from above the darkened clouds.   

Kayak Morning

Monday was a lazy day for the most part as we had nothing we had to do.  So, I had a long paddle,  in no hurry to get home and get busy. After breakfast and the blog, we cleaned up the dishes from Sunday's dinner and Evie suggested that if I wanted to bike, I should get it done in the morning.  So I drove to Lakewood, parked and biked down to McCrea in Park in Jamestown, the boat launch for the Chadokoin River. It was an hour ride, often in long open stretches of asphalt so I worked up quite a sweat.  I dropped a donation off at the Chautauqua Lake Association, met the new secretary, who showed me how they are able to follow the weed cutters on the computer.  Pretty cool because I could see they were down near our neighborhood, cleaning the shoreline.

Chadokoin River

The Swamp's Open

While I was gone, Evie was getting caught up on wash and other projects. For lunch, she made me a couple of quesadillas stuffed with cheese, tomatoes, and avocadoes.  I watched the Hawks defeat the Sixers in game seven.  I then read and napped during a half-hour rainstorm, as we received another eighth of an inch of rain, great for Evie's garden.

We had a lazy afternoon for the most part, waiting for happy hour.  We sat on the front porch wth selzter water and lemons, no booze, and enjoyed the sunny late afternoon.  Dinner was the leftover pork ribs and Asian noodles, so all we needed to do was heat them in the microwave.  We watched the final two episodes of The Handmaid's Tale, not sure as to how we feel about the ending, wondering if it left it open for another season.  We ended the night with Real Time With Bill Maher who went off on the unfairness of water consumption in California. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...