Thursday, June 10, 2021

Blue Skies And Sunny

5:51

6:01

It's 6:30 and I am up early and we have to be off to Warren by 8:45  for cataract surgery on my other eye. I will be happy once it's done and my eye has healed.  It's 8:00 and I just returned from a half-hour paddle on another beautiful lake morning, as the breeze is just beginning to pick up on a 64º morning. 

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was another warm June day, not the kind of June I remember.  It's more like summer than Spring with the heat and humidity. Fortunately, a nice afternoon breeze made it pleasant to be out on the dock.  Early, I got in a good paddle, came home to a busy Evie who was getting ready to shop at Wegman's before the crowd.  She was on her way by 9:30, leaving me behind to wash windows on the north side of our house.  It took me about a half-hour and I worked up quite a sweat because of the humidity. At least I won't have to wash them for another year.  Evie was home by 11:00 and I helped unload the car then drove off to Mayville to check on my kayak.  It's still not ready but the new seat has been ordered.  I stopped at the Lighthouse for pork chops but they were out of bone-in chops so I drove to Tops and picked up four nice ones for dinner.

I had the leftover Moroccan chicken for lunch, watched another episode of the Queen Of The South, then napped while reading Squeeze.  When I woke, I decided to get my other chore done, cutting our neighbor's lawn despite the heat and humidity. Fortunately, as I mentioned earlier, a breeze had picked up and much of the mowing was in the shade so it was not too bad. Afterward, I joined Evie on the dock and we enjoyed the afternoon until 5:30 when storm clouds moved in and we ended up having to run off the dock because of the heavy winds and rain.  The cloud burst lasted about 15 minutes and then it cleared up and was a fine evening 

Storm's A Coming



We had a great dinner, two breaded pork chops, roasted Brussel sprouts, and Bob Evans six-cheese pasta, which was really tasty.  The pork chops were huge so it's a good thing Evie froze the other two for another dinner.  We watched a Colbert, then the last two episodes of Season Three of The Handmaids Tale. The ending left the viewer up in the air. Was this the end of the series or not? Now we know as we have one more season to go.  We ended the night with Hacks, which is losing its luster.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...