Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Another Sunny But Chilly 45º Morning

6:02

It's 8:50, the sun still bright, filling the yard and living room with its light. I kayaked for over an hour, over to Warner Bay, along Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom and home. Because of a light wind, it was an easy and pleasant paddle. 

Kayak Morning

Juvenile Bald Eagle

Long Point

We did not get outside much yesterday, perhaps because it was fleece weather, even inside. I paddled, then left for yoga at 9:10. As usual, it was a good class with Julie, ten gals and two guys.  I stopped for coffee, then headed home, no need to shop because Evie was shopping later in the day.  When I got home, I helped Evie rearrange a bedroom, making it more useable for when our family arrives in July. I had a quick lunch, tuna sandwich with pickles, then I drove my neighbor to Jamestown at 12:30, where he received a quote on the front end of his car which hit a deer a week ago. It took ten minutes to get a quote and we were home by 2:00.  Evie then headed off to Wegman's and I read some, napped, then went for a walk before Evie got home. 

I walked back just as she arrived, helped unload the car and put things away.  She had a Zoom call with her sisters from 5:00 to 6:00.  It was another easy night for dinner as we had leftover ribs as well as Santa Fe chicken.  Evie also roasted some brussels sprouts with hot sauce, made a salad, and a couple of ears of corn so we were happy, especially because we had chocolate cake for dessert. We watched Colbert then the much recommended In The Heights, a musical film by Lin-Manuel Miranda of Hamilton fame.  It was a loose adaptation of West Side Story, set in modern times, with lots of songs, dancing, and a love story.  We liked it but did not love it, perhaps because we are not crazy about musicals. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...