Thursday, July 20, 2023

Good Morning Sunshine

6:29

It's 6:30 as I start this, sunny and 58º, on a quiet morning on the lake. It looks like another nice day with showers predicted in the evening. It's 9:10 and I just returned from breakfast with the guys, for the first time in a couple of weeks. And earlier, I got in a 35-minute paddle, a fine morning.

Osprey

I'm Hungry

Great Blue

Yesterday I got in an early paddle, and was on my way to yoga by 9:40. It's much more pleasant in the morning when yoga starts at 10:00, giving me more time for kayaking and writing the blog. Wednesday class is always difficult so I found myself in child's pose more often, catching my breath. I like the class because it's always different though rigorous. I was tempted to stop for coffee but went straight home, saving a few bucks. 

While I was gone, Evie made a pot of her vegetable and bean soup, so when I walked in the kitchen, it was simmering on the stove, ready for me whenever I wanted lunch. By 1:00, I was enjoying soup and a bagel with a tomato and Evie was out sweating, mowing the lawn in phases. Although the temperature was only in the high 70s, it was hot in the sun, especially if you were mowing the lawn. After my lunch, I took a brief nap and started a new book by John Connolly called Every Dead Thing, the first in a series. 

Once Evie was through with the lawn, I put the chairs and tables back in place and we were both basically through for the day with any chores. It was pleasant out on our porch and Evie even briefly napped while I read in the house. By 5:30 we were on our porch enjoying a glass of wine, commenting on how quiet the lake was for July. 

For dinner, Evie had pulled some leftover baked ziti out of the freezer so once that was heated up and a salad made, we were enjoying dinner on our new table, a birthday present from the family. And we are now on the final season of The Americans and have maybe three episodes to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...