Friday, July 28, 2023

Morning Fog

6:48

7:46

It's 7:25 and the fog has dissipated, then regrouped as the sun tries to break through the gray. It's 62º and supposedly getting up to the high 80s in the afternoon. It was suggested that I skip kayaking for a couple of days, alas, so I will have a long, boring morning. 

Thursday was a day to forget as I spent most of it at the Cath Lab in Ashtabula. I was going for a cardio conversion for my afib and was to arrive at 9:30. So we left before 8:00, and got there a few minutes early. We were soon taken in and then realized that I would not be taken care of until 11:30, a two-hour wait. It was actually later than that and once I had the procedure, I had to wait an additional forty-five minutes before being released. I think that's the story of most people's experience in hospitals, lots of waiting. At least we really liked the nurse who took care of me. We didn't get home until 3:00 although we did stop for gas and something to eat because I had not eaten since dinner on Wednesday. So what I thought might be four hours really took seven. 

We were both happy to be back and I took a brief nap, then spent the afternoon reading and enjoying being home. We were not sure about dinner until Evie suggested baked potatoes, with broccoli, a cheese sauce, and bacon which sounded good and tasted good. We watched the breaking news, the new Trump indictment, then a couple of more episodes of the seemingly endless True Detective before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...