Friday, July 14, 2023

Fog And Ospreys

5:52

6:28

8:20

It's 6:30 and I have been up for an hour, watching the sunrise, a few kayakers out early, and reading the various papers with a cup of coffee. It's 8:40 and I paddled in the fog, mostly along the docks because of it and photographed at least three ospreys in the trees, a good morning.

Into The Reeds

Kayaking On A Foggy Morning

Kicking Back 

Jim And Tina

Yesterday was a busy day for us, a hot one, too, as we both worked up sweats on and off during the day because the temperature was in the 80s. I got in an early paddle, then drove to Jamestown for a doctor's appointment, made a couple of weeks ago because of my cough. Well, of course, after six weeks, the cough finally went away this week so the doctor did not have much to say. On my way home, I did a quick run through Wegmans, getting veggies for dinner using our new wok, compliments of my kids for my birthday celebration last week. 





Evie couldn't wait for me to get home because we were having a cleaning lady over early afternoon, so we had to get the house ready for her, typical, right. Actually, we had lots to do, getting the bedrooms back in shape after our kids left, moving mattresses back into the attic, rearranging furniture, washing sheets, and things like that. So we were busy most of the morning until 1:00 when Evie made me lunch, an avocado bagel with corn chowder. I watched my show, then tried to nap in the TV room because the upstairs was being cleaned.

Since I couldn't sleep, I read some on the porch, then got busy in our yard, putting away chairs we no longer need, putting the cover on the boat, and things like that so that the yard looks spiffy once again and is ready for Evie to mow. By 4:00, the house was spic n span, this gal seems to be a wonder woman or maybe it was just my imagination because Evie and I did not have to do it.

We decided to have wine on the dock, to enjoy the luxury of having help for once. Bizarrely, a fishing boat was parked 15 feet from our dock and they just sat there, oblivious to us, and fished. Forty miles of shoreline and they park in front of our dock. Needless to say, we were not happy campers. By 6:30, we were in the kitchen, making dinner in our new Hexclad wok. It conveys heat well so we kept the heat at medium, adding veggies, sauces, and pork. I have to admit it was one of the better wok dinners, served over rice with a salad. And we watched another episode or two of The Americans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...