Monday, July 17, 2023

Another Air Quality Alert Morning

7:02

7:29

Well, it's 9:10 as I start writing, on a hazy, 70º morning, the result of Canadian wildfires. I kayaked for just under an hour, a good paddle, with a couple osprey and heron sightings.

Kayak Morning

A Hazy Northern Sky

Osprey At Long Point

Osprey At Sandy Bottom


Heron Above The Victoria Reeds


Sunday was a good day, a bit different from the usual although it began as always, with a paddle, writing the blog, and breakfast. We were in no hurry to get going but by 10:30, my bike was on my bike rack and I was driving over to Bemus Point for a ride. I biked through the village, down Lakeside Drive, and a short ride through the woods before returning. I was out for an hour and was surprised at busy Bemus Park was, a result of a local church's chicken dinner for all. I asked about what was going on and was offered dinner.

 Biking Long Point State Park

When I returned home, Evie offered to make a big breakfast and, of course, I consented and a short time later, we were watching the finals of Wimbledon, enjoying our eggs, bacon, and a bagel. Back in the 80s and early 90's, we used to watch the US Open and Wimbledon but lately, we paid little attention. Yesterday, however, we got into it, with a classic match between the veteran, perhaps the greatest tennis player ever,  Novak Djokovic, and a twenty-year-old upstart, from Spain, Carlos Alcaraz. Alcaraz won in the fifth set, 6-4. It was thrilling to watch, and a good way to spend our afternoon.

We then did a little, read, napped briefly, and enjoyed the afternoon. By 4:30, I was ready to do something so I went out and trimmed our hedges while Evie talked on the phone with our good friends from Maine, Vickie and Ron. We then showered and drove over to Linda and Rons for another Sunday dinner. We enjoyed wine or beer on their front porch, eating pot stickers in dipping sauce. yum. Our dinner was Thai, with my favorite, Basil chicken, along with a tasty, spicy eggplant side. The dessert was coconut ice cream and a homemade cookie. We love our Sundays, obviously, who wouldn't, great dinners with good friends. We were home by 10:00 and ready for bed.


3 comments:

  1. Hijack on AppleTV is v good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book recommendation: The Whalebone Theatre; Joanna Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations Pat, always welcome.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...