Wednesday, July 26, 2023

A Green Heron And Osprey Morning

6:23

6:24

I am starting this blog at 8:55, after my paddle for once. It was an amazing paddle and I was out for over an hour and shot six ospreys in different trees although one of two may have been the same. And then I saw this strange bird fly into the bushes along the shore and I paddled in, within ten feet taking photos of it.  Evie discovered on her bird app that it was a Green Heron, small and chunky compared to the Great Blue Heron. It was my first sighting ever. Exciting. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Osprey # 1

Osprey # 2

Osprey # 3

Yesterday was not the best of days although I did get in a decent paddle and a walk around Woodlawn. For the past few days, I have been in afib again which limits many of the things I would like to do. I saw the cardiologist on Monday and have another cardioconversion scheduled for tomorrow if I am still in afib. So the past couple of days I have taken it easy, helping out occasionally, but mostly reading and lounging and enjoying the view. It's not debilitating, just annoying, 

Great Blue Heron

Green Heron

Green Heron

Same As Above

I spent much of the morning and afternoon reading Independence Day by Martin Cruz Smith while Evie sweated, mowing the lawn on a sunny, 80ยบ day. Smartly, she took many water breaks. I had the leftover mushroom pasta for lunch, watched my show, and tried to nap but it was stuffy and humid. Mid-afternoon the sky darkened and we received a few raindrops. Thinking it was over, I opened the windows but then it darkened again, rain hard for 15  or 20 minutes and we got maybe a quarter of an inch of rain, perfect for Evie's dahlias. 

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and once she was done, we relaxed on the front porch as usual, with a glass of wine and enjoyed the late afternoon breeze as the rain had cooled things off. Dinner was BLTs on brioche buns for a change. We were not sure what to watch so we scoured HBO and decided on True Dectectives third season. We loved the first season, but not the second, and decided to try the third and liked it enough to stick with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...