Saturday, July 22, 2023

Early Morning Fog

A Hungry Heron

6:05

It's 6:50 and I have been up since 6:00, waiting for the fog to lift on a 57º morning. Because of the fog, there's not much action on the lake. It's 8:30, Evie's still sleeping, and I paddled in and out of the fog for 50 minutes on a beautiful sunny morning on the lake. While I was paddling, a heron plopped down about 10 feet from me and grabbed a fish, then flew off to a dock where I followed him and took the above photos. How fortunate am I to be out there. 

Kayak Mornings





Yesterday was an easy day, a quiet day until dinner time. I did get in a paddle early, then wrote the blog and had breakfast. I had nothing on my plate, no yoga, no bike ride, just enjoying a leisurely Friday. Evie was off to Jamestown for a doctor's appointment and shopping at 10:30 so I had the house to myself. Big deal. I read, watched some TV, and waited until lunchtime, 12:30, when I microwaved Evie's veggie soup and made a bagel with cream cheese and tomato. And, of course, I watched another episode of Friday Night Lights. 

A Great Blue Heron Morning




Just as I was finishing lunch and was about to nap, Evie drove in so I helped unpack the car and put things away. I then returned to my book, napped briefly and that was it until 5:00 when I showered and got ready to drive to Jamestown for the Whirlybird Festival, basically a gathering downtown to listen to music outdoors at the Square. 

Winter Garden Plaza, Main Street, Jamestown

Reminds Us Of Turkey

Korean Beer Fries

We parked by the YMCA and walked over to the venue, the Winter Garden Plaza, but decided to have something to eat first so we walked back to Brazils', sat outside on their patio, and had beers, Korean Beer Fries, and a Get Shorty flatbread, and both were delicious. 

Kallie Williams

Guitarist

Charity

We then walked back to the music venue, stood around with the crowd, and listened to Kallie Williams and Charity Nuse and her band. We ran into our neighbors, Jim, Barb, and Newt, out to enjoy the festivities like us. Unfortunately, our favorite band, Smackdab was not playing until 8:45 and we had enough by 8:00 and drove home. It was fun to people watch and the band was decent, worth seeing. 

Neighbors Enjoying The Music

When we got home, we had peach pie for our dessert and started to watch the thriller, Hijack, on Apple TV+. It's pretty good, and not as predictable as I would have thought. We watched the first two episodes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...