Thursday, July 27, 2023

Cloudy And Rain

6:24

7:08

It's 6:50 and we are both up, looking out at a gray sky and lake. Overnight we got an inch and a half of rain and there were heavy winds and lots of thunder and lightning last evening. This morning I skipped kayaking because we are going to the hospital in Ashtabula for another cardioconversion of my afib. We leave around 7:45 and should be home before noon. Because of the rain, today's high will only be in the 70s but tomorrow, it heats up again, in the 80s.

Yesterday was hot and sticky, not our kind of day. We wonder how friends and family survive in the southwest with temperatures in the 100s day after day. Air conditioning is the answer I guess and at least it's dry heat except if you live in the southeast like Florida. I did get in a great paddle and saw a green heron for the first time. After that, we had a long coffee and neither of us was up for much because it was getting warm. Around 10:30, however, I drove to Lakewood, stopped at Ryders Cup and talked with the guys for 15 minutes before a stop at the bank, and then Walmart, to pick up a few things for our dinner. 

When I got home, Evie had a pot so summer vegetable soup with turkey meatballs simmering on the stove. So by 12:30, I was happily enjoying lunch of soup and cheese sandwiches and watching my show. I started a new book, Old God's Time, by Sebastian Barry. So far I am not taken with it but will stick with it for another day. I napped briefly, showered, and then drove to pick up a friend because we were having beers at Jack's Hawthorne Hill on Chautauqua Ridge. Four of us then spent an hour and a half enjoying beers, the view of Jack's garden and fields, catching up on our family visits this summer. We were back by 6:00 and Evie had dinner almost ready, Japanese vegetable pancakes, rotisserie chicken, and fried potatoes. We watched a couple more episodes of True Detective and are at the point where we wish they would end it.  Too many digressions and unimportant relationships. We were happy to go to bed earlier than usual. 


Storms At 7:34



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...