Saturday, July 29, 2023

Overcast, Drizzle, And Cooling

6:07

It's 6:30, alas, and I was up at 5:45, not ready for bear, just coffee. I am sitting on the front porch because the sun is not up yet and will be hidden behind the clouds after it rises. Not a soul is out at the moment, so it's quiet, except for an occasional bird. It's 6:50 as I finish and am tempted to get out on the lake but rain is predicted for the next hour, and thunderstorms to follow. It looks like it might rain but I am anxious to get out there and don't mind rain, just thunder and lightning. Well, I beat the rain and got in an hour paddle, my usual route, with the same two birds, a heron and a couple of ospreys, a good morning. 

Kayak Morning

Great Blue Heron


Dishelved Osprey

Cooling Off? 

Yesterday was a day of large leisure for both of us because of the heat. It may have been the hottest day of the summer, with temperatures in the high 80s until late afternoon when it attempted to rain and cool off a bit. I had a long boring morning because I took a day off from kayaking. I obviously spent much of the morning reading my John Lescroartt novel Hunt Club, with a new protagonist, Webb Hunt. So after the blog and breakfast and a quick cleaning up of the kitchen, I found something to do. So I went out on the dock and washed bird droppings off of my boat cover. It must have been a big bird! Once that was done, it was time for lunch, Evie's soup and the leftover baked potato topped with cheese sauce. And I am now on the third season of Friday Night Lights, a new season, with new players. 

Evie was like me, a slug much of the day because of the heat and humidity. I tried to nap, got bored and then volunteered to pick up some corn and a few items at Tops grocery in Mayville.  That gave me something to do until 5:00 when it was wine time on our front porch. Before joining me, Evie had marinated a couple of pork tenderloins, then seared them, before putting them in the oven to bake. We enjoyed our porch moment, the sky changing, threatening at times to rain, always changing. We never get tired of our view.

View From The Porch

6:15

Dinner was great, pork medallions with a sweet sauce, rice, and corn. We struggled to find something to watch and ended up watching a couple more episodes of ER.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...