Sunday, July 2, 2023

Drizzle And Gray

7:10

8:56

It's supposed to be raining but a light, sporadic drizzle is hardly rain. At least I got in a padde without getting wet on a gray morning, not exactly a good start to the holiday weekend. It's 64ยบ and will remain cool, getting up to the low 70s if that. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

My Heron

Stretching

Yesterday was a typical Saturday morning, a rainy afternoon. I got in a good paddle, before taking a walk around Woodlawn, enjoying my healthy breakfast. Once the blog was done, we gathered all the trash and Evie cleaned out the refrigerator before I drove off to the Transfer Station. After that, I took a tour of the lakefronts in our area, getting some sense of whether they had fences, bushes, or hedges to beautify their lakefronts. When I got home, I still had some mojo so I went out and did some more cutting of the lake weeds although it hardly needed it. When I finished, Evie had a couple of salami sandwiches ready for her busy guy and heated up the last of the veggie soup.  I wolfed down the sandwiches and soup and watched my series. I started a new book, much recommended, called Lesson In Chemistry, and so far, I really am enjoying it. I tried to nap to no avail, probably because I got seven hours of sleep, a record recently.

By 2:00, we were having torrential rains and they continued on and off until 5:00. We loved it and sat on our front porch, reading and listening to it hit the roof, and pound the lake. By 5:00, it had cleared up some so that we could sit on the dock and enjoy a glass of wine, watching all the boat action on the lake. Dinner was a favorite, a salmon salad. Evie had marinated the salmon earlier, air-fried it, so all she had to do was make a salad and top it with the salad. Yum. We watched more episodes of The Americans and treated ourselves to big bowls of butter pecan ice cream before going up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...