Sunday, July 30, 2023

Bright Sun, Calm Lake, And Cormorants

Cormorant Perched Near Snug Harbor

7:11

It's late as I start this blog, 9:45, because I woke later than usual and took a long paddle, down to Snug Harbor and back probably close to an hour and a half. It was a beautiful morning for kayaking, not a breeze, a not-too-warm sun, and 64ยบ as I paddled. And I was able to shoot a group of cormorants, hanging out near the Snug Harbor inlet. 

Kayak Morning

Snug Harbor Inlet

Cormorant

Yesterday was back to normal, with a morning paddle, and some good photos of herons and ospreys before coming home to finish the blog and have breakfast. Like many Saturdays, the only 'must do' is a trip to the Transfer Station. So by 10:30, the trash was gathered and I was off and surprised, I was the only one getting rid of the trash. Usually, there are seven or eight cars if not more. That was it for the morning other than some straightening up of the kitchen. 

Evie's Garden

Chautauqua Belle

Lunch was soup and a bagel with chicken salad, compliments of Evie, and a leftover rotisserie chicken and I watched my show. Because I was up so early, I actually took a good nap, upstairs in the bedroom with the air conditioner on. For some reason, by 4:00, I was hot to go for a walk. So I drove over to Long Point State Park, just as it was beginning to cloud up and walked for over a half hour in the rain, often protected by an umbrella of trees. It felt good to be in the woods again, on empty trails, enjoying the quiet.

Hiking Long Point In The Rain

I was home by 5:00 and Evie was already on the porch enjoying a glass of wine while the buttermilk cake she made was cooling in the kitchen. Best of all, because of the rain, it cooled off, and both of us felt like it was an autumn afternoon, with a breeze and banks of fluffy clouds. We loved it. 

Fall Like Afternoon

8:29 PM

Dinner was easy, the leftover pork tenderloin medallions with rice, corn, and a salad. Once again we struggled to find something to watch and settled on the Second Season of The Lincoln Lawyer. After the first episode, we were about to bag it when we saw the credits. One of my students from Western Reserve Academy, Ted Humphrey, both wrote and produced the series so I guess we are sticking with it. He was also responsible for many of the episodes of The Good Wife. We ended the night with ER, of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...