Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Overcast And Drizzle

6:55

Morning Sun

I woke to rain pelting our roof and came downstairs to light rain for about a half hour. Right now it's 6:30 and I am sitting on our front porch and the drizzle keeps stopping and starting. It's still hazy or foggy, not sure which because of the smoke and it's 62ยบ, high should be in the 70s. It's just before 9:00 and I kayaked my usual route for 50 minutes, photographing what I assume are the same osprey and heron as yesterday. 

Kayak Morning

Same Osprey, Same Tree

Herbie

Perched

Acrobatic Heron

Monday was a day of rest for both of us as we didn't get much done for some reason, not that we had anything that had to get done. I had some mojo in the morning so I kayaked for an hour, wrote the blog, and had breakfast while I walked around the neighborhood. I want to get back to my routine of either yoga, biking, or hiking so yesterday, I drove over to Greenhurst, parked my car, and road the Jamestown River Walk into the city, down to Riverside Park, around it, and back to Third And Main for a coffee. I then returned to my car, stopped at Peterson's for a basket of peaches, a dozen ears of corn, and tomatoes. 

Jamestown Riverwalk Bridge

We enjoyed our wine time on the porch, marveling at how quiet the lake was for July. We are not complaining. Dinner was easy, as Evie had pulled ratatouille out of the freezer earlier in the day. Once that as well as the rice was heated up, Evie served it with a dollop of yogurt and we had a tasty and healthy dinner. We watched another couple of episodes of The Americans and start Season 6 tonight, the last season of the series. 

Heron On A Martin House


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...