Sunday, April 30, 2023

A Dreary Sunday

8:10

It's almost 9;00 and I have been up for only an hour. listening to the wind, watching the lake's surface ruffled, on a 52º morning. I still feel crappy, still coughing, so I did not go kayaking.  The lake's not inviting this morning anyways, with the gray and wind. 

I don't have a lot to say about yesterday since I was in sick bay much of the day, too tired to do anything productive. Evie, however, took good care of me and made sure I had what  I wanted. She made Lipton's noodle soup for lunch, changed the sheets on the bed, and took the trash to the Transfer Station. As for me, I read, watched TV or napped two or three times during the day. 

Like today, most of Saturday was overcast, and windy, with light rain on and off during the day. Since I was no fun, Evie invited our neighbor's grandsons over to go through the treasure chest. They have been coming over for the past two or three years and love it, wanting to come over every time they visit. Anyways, they were here for at least an hour, loving it, while I holed up in the TV room. 

Dinner was chicken, with mushrooms and rice, and it tasted good, my first real meal of the day. We watched an older film with George Clooney which we really enjoyed called Michael Clayton. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...