Thursday, April 13, 2023

Another Splendid Spring Morning

Wood Ducks In Our Front Yard 

6:51

The sun just rose, at 6:51, to the honking of geese. It's 54º and should get up into the 70s later in the day, the fourth or fifth sunny day in a row but who is counting. I got in a half-hour paddle before driving to Bemus for breakfast with the guys. It's now 9:20 as I finish this and it's about time to head to yoga in Lakewood, a busy morning. 

Kayak Morning

Paddling North

A Juvenile Bald Eagle

Yesterday went well until I picked up my car mid-afternoon. It started with a great paddle for an hour, then the usual breakfast, blog, and drive to yoga class with Julie, a good friend, who was a substitute for a day. It was fun to have her back and everyone was glad to see her. After class, I did not linger but came straight home. Evie had been busy in the kitchen, putting together her vegetable soup. For lunch, I heated up the last of the eggplant and pasta and watched I show that I had started a couple of weeks ago, based on a book by Paul Theroux, The Mosquito Coast. It's the second season and I remember just a bit of the first because it was a couple of years ago.

We had the usual afternoon, as I read and napped while Evie started to work in the garden, beginning the task of cleaning the flower beds. Around 3:00, she dropped me off at my mechanic's, and that's when the fun began. I went to start up my car which supposedly was ready and the battery was dead. He ordered a new one, under warranty, but jump-started it so I could drive home and bring it back on Thursday. Halfway home, the car started to shake and shimmy whenever I hit the brakes, so I took it back. Ray then drove me home in my car and of course, the car did not shake quite as bad as when I was driving. Anyways, I will pick it up today and hope all is well.

When I got home, I decided to do some outdoor work and cleaned off our front porch, getting it ready for the summer. It felt good to put our Adirondack chairs out on the side yard. Around 5:30, we settled down in the living room for wine time. Suddenly, Evie grabbed the camera and went out on the front porch and took some amazing photos of wood ducks, waddling around in our front yard. They seemed to pay little if any attention to her, concentrating on finding something to eat in our yard.

Female And Male Wood Ducks


Striking Colors

For dinner, we had Turkey and feta burgers from Wegman's on a bun, a recommendation of my sister Ellen. We loved them and with Evie's homemade soup, we were happy. We watched a couple of our usual shows, then a few minutes of the NBA before going up to bed, tired from the hassles of the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...