Thursday, April 20, 2023

A Calm, Overcast Morning

6:30

7:40

9:18

It's 6:50 and it's motionless outside, not a whisper of wind, the lake like a sheet of gunmetal. It's 41º but will get up into the 80s later in the day as Spring returns. I was able to get in a 25-minute paddle before heading to Bemus for breakfast. I was rewarded with what I thought was a photo of a wood duck but when I put it on my computer, I realized it was standing next to a female. It's 9:20 as I finish, after breakfast in Bemus as the sun has finally popped out, the sky blue.

Kayak Morning

North

Wood Ducks

Yesterday was a fun day, a different afternoon and evening from the usual. It started as always with a paddle, a tough one, then breakfast and the blog. I was in yoga by 10:00, another rigorous class with Tara. After class, I had coffee and shot the breeze with a couple of regulars before coming home. Evie had lunch ready, having pulled an eggplant lasagna out of the freezer for me to heat up. And of course, I watched my show as she worked out on the rebounder.

We had a short afternoon of leisure because Linda and Ron were picking us up at 3:45 for a movie in Lakewood at 4:15. We had heard good things about AIR, the story of Nike's signing of Michael Jordan to a shoe contract back in the 1980s. All four of us really enjoyed the story. It was just good old fashion entertainment, nothing too heavy or crazy. No car chases, no torrid sex, no angst. Just a good story. 

Big Enough Popcorn, Evie?

We then drove to Jamestown to our favorite pizza place, Pace's Pizza, and found a booth although the place was busy. We ordered a large pepperoni as usual, large enough to take home half for dinner tonight. It was strange to be out to a film and dinner in daylight but we better get used to it, right. We were home by 8:15.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...