Saturday, April 29, 2023

What A Miserable Morning.

7:53

Well, it's 7:30, the wind is howling, rain is falling and my Martin house was knocked down by the wind. And I feel terrible, with a cold, etc, I am not sure when I will be able to pull it out but it's not going anywhere, just sitting in four feet of water. Yesterday, I did take a Covid test and it was negative, just to make sure it was a cold. It's 8:34 and I was just in the lake with my waders and pulled the Purple Martin houses and poles into shore. Maybe it was not the smartest thing to do with the way I feel but I wanted to get it done. 

Yesterday was forgettable for me because of my cold. I am not sure how I got in a paddle but I did. I guess I gradually felt worst and worst as the day progressed. I am not very good at doing nothing so it was a long morning and afternoon, of either reading, watching TV, or napping. 

Evie had a hair appointment in Lakewood with Jaret so she left around 12:00. Unfortunately, TJMaxx had no electricity so she did a few errands before her appointment. After Jaret, she did some heavy shopping at Wegmans and I was energetic enough to help bring in the grocery bags, my chore for the day. While she shopped, I wasted the afternoon watching the fourth Bourne film. It was more of the same, one long chase after another. 

Earlier, Evie had pulled some chili out of the freezer so that was dinner over spaghetti along with a salad, We watched a film, Gone Baby Gone. It was a C, too long and complicated in the end. We were happy to get back to our old standbys. I watched a bit of the NBA playoffs but would rather read my new novel, The Long And Faraway Gone by Lou Berney.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...