Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Spring Like Morning

Long Point This Morning

7:07

It's later than usual, 9:42 for a couple of reasons. First, just as I was going to go kayaking, Gary Lucas arrived with six yards of gravel, to fill the spot where our willow used to be as well as spread it along our road and parking area. So didn't get out for a paddle until 8:30 and was out for an hour. It was a beautiful morning, overcast at times, the sun out at others. I was treated to a bevy of loons, at least eight as well as 30+ buffleheads, floating around Sandy Bottom.

Kayak Morning

Woodlawn

Paddling Southeast

Spring On The Lake

Yesterday started well with a great paddle but as I pulled my kayak on shore, I hurt my back so it limited my doing much the rest of the day. Fortunately, it's better this morning, with rest, a heating pad,  Advil, and stretching but I have to do some work with the gravel today so I will have to be careful. So yesterday was a day of large leisure because Evie, too, lacked mojo. She did gather enough energy to make my lunch, a couple of broiled cheese and tomato sandwiches, and the last of the carrot ginger soup. I am watching the second year of The Mosquito Coast.

Loons

Loon

Cruising Loon

After lunch, I took a good nap and basically sat around with a heating pad either reading or joining Evie in the TV room to watch the nonstop news about Trump. It's sad how such a disgusting individual as Drumpt has dominated the news over the past six years. We watched some ER whenever we had enough and another Home Town before dinner.

We had the leftover butter chicken and rice for dinner and watched the usual, Jeopardy, and Colbert until 9:00 when Evie went up to bed and I watched the first half of the Men's Basketball Final. I lost interest early on and was happy to get back to my book and sleep. 


1 comment:

  1. I never saw a loon in the ‘60s or 70s. First one was in the fall sometime in the ‘80s, then none until last year when I saw about 15 in a single weekend. It’s marvelous to see them now!! And the eagles, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...