Wednesday, April 19, 2023

All's Blue/Gray And Chilly

 

6:56

8:14

It's just about 7:00 as I start this on an overcast, threatening sky. I love the dark gray almost blue stack of clouds over Bemus Bay, with a hint of light high in the sky. It's 32º but after yesterday's snow flurries, it's getting warmer, with a high today of 50º, Thursday of 74º, typical schizophrenic Chautauqua weather. It's 8:20 and I was out for a short, 30-minute paddle as the wind picked up, the lake was choppy and I struggled some to get back home. It was not fun to be on the lake this morning. 

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was back to routine, with a good, long paddle early, then the blog and breakfast, and by 9:30 I was in yoga class. It was a different class, with a substitute teacher, the one who gives foot and back massages and sprays lavender in the air. After class, I skipped coffee and just came straight home, tired from getting up early.

I had the last of Evie's soup for lunch and was happy to be ensconced in the TV room with my soup and watching my show. While I was enjoying my show, Evie was working out on the rebounder, being a good girl. I, however, had little if any mojo and wasted the afternoon although, to be honest, I did take a nap of almost two hours. I must have been tired. The afternoon went quickly and by 5:00, Evie was on a Zoom call with her sisters and I was watching the second half of the Kings/Warriors game which I saved from the night before. Yea, I knew who won the game but still enjoyed watching the game.

For dinner, Evie went deep diving into the freezer and found a container of leftover pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. She heated it up during the Zoom call and with a salad, that was our dinner. Waste not, want not. We watched Real Time With Bill Maher, ER, and a couple of other HGTB shows before bed, an uneventful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...