Tuesday, April 18, 2023

A Spring Paddle Among Snow Flurries

7:07

It's way too early, 6:50, and I have been up for close to an hour. It's 31º out, the roofs of houses are snow-covered, and the windshields of our cars are frosted although the lawns are still green. Snow is predicted for the next couple of hours but it will probably be more like sleet or rain. Well, I did get out for forty minutes and kayaked in flurries most of the time, down to Sandy Bottom and back along Woodlawn. Because there was hardly any wind, it was easy going both ways.

Kayak Morning

A Cloudy Northern Sky

Snow-Covered Roofs Of Woodlawn

A Pair of Wood Ducks

First Grebe Of Spring

Monday was a day with nothing we had to do which was nice. The only problem, I get bored with too much leisure. So after a great paddle and the blog, I decided to go for a bike ride around 10:30. Evie was happy to see me off as she was busy, cleaning up the kitchen and doing the dishes from Sunday's dinner. I parked at Mayville Park and rode Webb's Trail, then the Mayville Trail and finally along Sea Lion Drive. Unfortunately, my last half mile was in wind and rain so I was soaked by the time I got to my car.  I then stopped at Tops to pick up a few things and was home by 12:20. 

Webb's Trail

Lunch was the last of Evie's soup and a bagel with cream cheese and tomato. I am sticking with my show, The Mosquito Coast, and have no idea how it's going to end. While I was out biking, Evie was putting in an hour on her rebounder, upset, however, because she only got in 7,000 steps in an hour of exercise. Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon except the usual, reading, napping, and watching some TV. 

By 5:00, we were ready for wine time because Evie has been working on putting together another Shutterfly photo album of our kids this past summer and Thanksgiving. She has done this for years and they are amazing memories of good times each summer with family. At times, it's hard to look back at the photos because we miss our families so much and our grandchildren are growing up way too fast. 

Dinner was the leftover cioppino although I sauteed the leftover mussels in butter, garlic, and wine. With a baguette, we had another tasty dinner. We watched a couple of episodes of a new series called Hank, then back to the usuals, Hometown and ER. I watched 15 minutes of the Kings/Warriors game before heading up to bed to read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...