Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Warming Up

6:55

9:05

It's 7:30 and I was up just in time to see the sunrise at 6:54. It's already a toasty 52º, interestingly, the same temperature in Dallas where my daughter Beth lives. The sun is filling the living room with light so I am going to have to move to find some shade. Ducks and geese are cruising by in front of our house on a calm lake. It's just after 9:00, Michael Smerconish is on Sirius Radio and I paddled for forty-five minutes, down to Bootey Bay and back but saw no birds of interest. 

Kayak Morning

Victoria/Woodlawn

Paddling North

Yesterday was bizarre, especially the morning. I kayaked for close to an hour, and was home by 8:30, in time to finish the blog and have breakfast. Because Evie was going shopping, I decided to drive the Outback to yoga. About halfway there, the car started to shake and I noticed a strange smell. Luckily, I stopped at my mechanic, and he checked it out and thought the smell might be dead mice and the shaking, old sparkplugs. He said to go to yoga and when I was finished, come back, drop the car off and he would drive me home. So I drove to yoga and the car seemed better, enjoyed class, stopped for a coffee, and talked with the guys until 11:30. I called Evie and she was still home so she picked me up at Johnson's Keystone. I will pick it up sometime today.

When I returned home, Evie was ready to shop and I made myself lunch, a bagel with avocado and a bowl of Pho. I finally finished The Night Agent and now I have to find something else to watch at noon. It was unrealistic but decent enough to keep me interested. I also finished my book and started a new one called The Destroyers. set on the Greek Island of Paros. 

The rest of the afternoon was typical, reading, napping, and waiting for Evie to return home so I could help unload the car with groceries. The wind also picked up, similar to many afternoons recently. At 5:00, Evie had her Zoom call with her sister, Jean, as the other sisters were busy, and I read and watched the news, too lazy to go for a walk, alas.

Dinner was the leftover fried eggplant slices with pasta, just as good as the night before with a salad, of course. We watched a movie I thought we might like called The Bachelors on Prime Video, set in a prep school in California. A math teacher and his son are both having difficulty dealing with the death of their wife/mother. and adjustment to a new school and home.  It's worth watching. We ended the night with a Hometown and Jeopardy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...