Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Partly Cloudy And Chilly

6:45

8:29

It's 7:15 and the sun was out briefly before 7:00 but now it's hidden behind a cloud bank on a 30º morning. At least it's not snowing like yesterday morning but according to the weather app, it might in the next hour. The wind looks like it's picking up so I better get out and kayak soon. It's 8:45 as I finish this and I was out paddling for forty-five minutes, chasing buffleheads and loons to no avail. 

Kayak Morning

Kayaking To Long Point

Northern Sky

Into The Sun

Woodlawn

Victoria/Woodlawn

Yesterday morning was so miserable, with snow, sleet, or rain that I didn't go kayaking, rare for me. By 9:15, I had finished the blog and was on my way to Mayville to play pickleball. There we more players this time so we played only seven so players could rotate in more often. I played poorly, whiffing and hitting the ball on the fly when it was supposed to bounce. Obviously, I am a slow learner. Miraculously, I did win two games, mostly because my opponents rarely hit the ball toward me, taking it easy on the rookie. Still, it was fun, the players were gracious, and always willing to encourage me.

We finished up by 11:00 and I was home by 11:20. Evie had a busy morning, putting together our dinner, an African sweet potato and nut stew from the original Moosewood Cookbook. Lunch was Evie's veggie soup and a bagel with cream cheese and tomato and I started a new series, One Tree Hill, about two stepbrothers, rivals on a high school basketball team. It's from 2003 and I had heard about it but never watched it.  After lunch, I napped, then helped Evie get the house ready because we were having our neighbors, Barb and Jim, over for dinner. It always takes longer to get the house and dinner ready then we think but we enjoy it. 

They arrived at 6:00 and with a nice bottle of red. We quickly opened it, sat down with appetizers, and toasted Tucker Carlson's demise. It couldn't have happened to a nicer, more deserving, lying, and hypocritical Fox anchor. So we sat around until Evie served dinner, an African stew with sweet potatoes, squash, eggplant, peanut sauce, and spices.  Served over couscous, it was a delicious, healthy Monday dinner with friends. They stayed until 9:00 and we ended the night with tin roofs, vanilla ice cream with Spanish peanuts.  We then cleaned up the kitchen and had enough time to watch one more ER before going up to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...