Sunday, April 16, 2023

Blue Skies And Sunny

6:41

6:45

8:58

It's 9:05 and I just paddled for over an hour, down to Whitney Bay and back into the wind alas. There is never that much to see when I paddle north, too many homes, not enough wooded lakefronts. Still, it was a beautiful morning to be out on the lake and I want to take advantage of it while I can. It looks like the weather may change next week and be more like a lion, not the past week's lamb.

Kayak Morning

Into The Blue

Yesterday we both had a few things in mind. Evie wanted to get in 10,000 steps and shop and I wanted to go to the Transfer Station and bike. So after a paddle and the blog, we cleaned up some, gathered the trash and I was off to the Transfer Station. When I came back, I fastened my bike to the car and drove of to Bemus, parked by the bridge and rode for an hour to the Long Point State Park, out to the point and back along Lakeside Drive, about an hour of biking. While I was gone, Evie spent a good hour on her rebounder and finished just as I got home. 

Spring Biking

Long Point

It was noon when we both finished, so Evie showered, then drove off to Wegman's and I had lunch, vegetable soup, sardines and crackers and watched another episode of The Mosquito Coast as well as some of the NBA playoffs. I am starting to like my book more, set on the Greek Island of Paros, and am halfway through it. I tried to nap, then read some until Evie came home. We unpacked the car and put things away and then both of us were happy to not have anything else we had to do.

Evie spent a good amount of the afternoon talking to my sister Ellen and daughter Beth, catching up on their lives, and the lives of our grandchildren. I watched more basketball but usually get bored after 15 minutes so I went back to my book until wine time. 

Dusk

Dinner was easy, my suggestion, a chicken salad sub sandwich from Wegman's and Evie's soup. It was a good idea. We rewatched a couple of episodes of Last Tango In Halifax to see if we wanted to stick with it and watch the last three seasons. We then watched ER, then some basketball, again, before going up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...