Friday, April 28, 2023

Overcast, Windy, And Warming

6:38

7:53

It's 7;10, a gray, 48º morning, the flag flapping the wind chime playing. I am not sure what the day will bring because I seem to be coming down with a cold, cough, sore throat, and runny nose for the first time in years. It's 8:45 and I forced myself to go out kayaking, into a brisk 12 mph wind headings south. It felt good, however, to be out there, despite my cold. 

Kayak Morning

Juvenile Bald Eagle

Yesterday was a perfect day for working outdoors and we both took advantage of it. I paddled early, then went to a Yin Yoga class, leaving with my hips screaming. I then stopped at Ryders for coffee and chatted with my two buddies, Dave and Paul for a half hour. I then stopped at the bank, deposited a couple of checks, and was on my way home by 12:00.

Finch In Spring

When I got home, Evie was in the side yard trimming and raking, the sun out, a nice breeze keeping it cool. I decided to try once more to straighten the purple Martin pole so I put on my waders and went out into the lake with a sledgehammer and viola, it looks pretty good for now. Lunch was a bowl of soup and the last of the leftover African stew, I then relaxed, finished my novel, OHIO, and tried to fall asleep to no avail.

So I went outside to help Evie and we both worked out there until 4:00. Evie spent much of the time mowing the yard and I did more raking of the leaves and deadfall from the various beds. I ended up taking two more trash cans of leaves up the hill. Once most of the yard work was done, I decided to clean out my garage for some reason. I took out everything, swept it out, then put everything back in a more orderly fashion, and put some things in the attic, pulling down others for the summer. by 4:00, the yard, lawn, and garage looked great and we both felt righteous.

We then were able to relax for a bit with spritzers after Evie prepped our dinner. We were hungry so by 6:30, Evie had our salmon salads ready along with a bowl of home fries, an interesting combination. Both were great and we devoured them, hungry from a busy afternoon. We decided to watch the third Bourne film, The Bourne Ultimatum, filled with crazy chase scenes, one or two too many we felt. We ended the night with another episode of The Diplomat and were happy to get back to ER.

The repulsive turkey vultures hanging at neighbors. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...