Monday, April 10, 2023

Sunny Monday

An Osprey Morning

7:09

9:26

It's 9:33 as I begin this blog on a crisp, sunny morning. I was up just as the sun rose at 7:00 and was out for a 70-minute paddle by 7:50. This morning I decided to paddle north, towards Whitney Bay and Snug Harbor, with a light southerly wind at my back. I don't usually paddle this way because I rarely see wildlife. This time, however, I was rewarded with a couple of ospreys, diving into the lake, hoping to get breakfast. This is my first sight of ospreys this Spring although I know they have been back for a couple of weeks,

Kayak Morning

Paddling North To Whitney Bay

Osprey Morning

Yesterday was a perfect Easter Sunday morning, the kind I remember from my childhood, sunny but cool. I was able to get in a good paddle for an hour and was home before Evie even got up. We had our coffee together, however, and finished off the blog. By 10:30 I was ready to go for a bike ride so I drove to Mayville, parked at the park, and rode Webb's Trail, then Sea Lion Drive, running into our good friend Linda, out for a walk in Mayville. I was out for forty-five minutes, just right because by the time I was back to the car, I was whooped. 

Biking Webb's Trail In Mayville

When I returned home, Evie had a light brunch ready for me since we were going out for Easter Dinner at 4:00. I wiled away the afternoon as did Evie, watching the Masters, reading some or napping but not getting much done. By 4:00, we were at the Rod And Gun Club, meeting Linda and Ron, and their friends from the Chautauqua Institution, Tom and Linda. Ironically, both Tom and Linda graduated from the same high school as Evie and I, just a year or two ahead of us so we had fun talking about mutual acquaintances and the good old high school days. We had five options for dinner and the ham, shrimp or chicken and biscuits seemed to be the favorites. We basically closed up the dining room by 6:15 and it was strange to drive from going out to dinner in the sunlight. 

Happy Easter 

We were not sure what to watch so we tried a recommended new series on Netflix called BEEF. We watched a couple of episodes but our feelings about it were lukewarm. We are not sure we will continue. We ended the night with what else, Jeopardy and ER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...