Friday, April 14, 2023

Another Boring Sunny Spring Morning

6:49

8:42

It's just after 7:00 and I have been up since 6:20, watching the sunrise at 6: 50, filling the living room with light. It looks like another perfect morning for a paddle, the lake-like glass. It's 9:10 as I finish this. I was out kayaking for 50 minutes, across to Long Point, over to Wells Bay, and home. I was the only boat on the lake. Loved it. 

Kayak Morning

A Solitary Loon

Same Male

Common Mergansers

A Male Merganser

Thursday was typical, with a brief half-hour paddle before driving to Bemus for breakfast. I was home by 9:15, finished the blog, and was on my way to a Yin Yoga class at 9:40, a busy morning. Class as always on Thursday was crowded so I moved to the front of the studio. At 11:15, I went to Ryders Cup and sat on the porch with a friend because the line for coffee was too long, discussing the usual topics and learning what goes on in the village of Lakewood. 

I didn't get home until after 12:00, late for me. I wasn't that hungry so I just had a bowl of Evie's vegetable soup and that was enough. I watched another episode of The Mosquito Coast and then relaxed with a book, falling asleep of course. We both seem to be morning people, with energy, but lazy in the afternoons, alas. I got fed up with being that way and made myself go out and get some things done, working up quite a sweat as the temperature was in the 70s. I moved all our stuff out of our neighbor's garage, where they allow me to store it during the winter. And I did some chopping down of grasses with my hedge trimmer, filling up a trash can. That was enough for the afternoon. We both then relaxed some on our front porch before wine time at 5:00. 

We didn't want to fuss much with dinner, so Evie fried up some Italian sausages, made a salad, and roasted cauliflower and we had a good, easy dinner. We tried a couple of films, had enough after ten minutes then watched the first episode of Lucky Hank, about an English Department Chair at a small college. The series is loosely based on one of my favorite novels by Richard Russo, Straight Man. Henry Devereau, or Lucky Hank is played by Bob Odenkirk of Breaking Bad fame. We are not crazy about it yet but will stick with it for another couple of episodes. We finished the night with Jeopardy and Real Time With Bill Maher. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...